This site is for the written works of JT Montague.

Mutaroo 2: Tempest

Poll

What do you think?

[ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 0
    Montague91
    Admin

Personal Info
    Name: J.T. Montague
    User Status: Owner

Mutaroo 2: Tempest

Post  Montague91 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:47 pm

"Tempest"
    By, J.T. Montague

"Jack, Jack something wrong?" said a voice, Jack suddenly realized that a man was standing in the doorway of his dormitory, "Oh hi Frank I was wondering if you were going to stop by." Jack said, Frank sat down in a chair next to Jack's bed. There was silence for a few moments, "So Jack how're ya doin'?"said Frank, Jack stood up and flared his nostrils, "How the hell do you think I'm doing? I'm locked up in a loony house! Not to mention the doctor keeps trying the hypnotize me into accepting that the events that I've described about what happened to me last year were dreams and hallucinations!" Jack shouted, Frank seemed only slightly disgruntled by this sudden outburst of shouting, "Jack you must understand that he's only trying to do his job." he said, Jack pointed his right index finger at a coffee mug on the table and it rose above the table. Frank stared with a look of amazement on his face, "You're not crazy, those things really did happen didn't they?" he said, Jack nodded. Frank slipped a pistol out of one of his pockets and a silencer out of another, he screwed the silencer on, "Here." he whispered handing Jack the pistol, "When the guard comes to check on you tonight shoot him and meet me at the front gates." he stood up and wiped the sweat off his forehead, "You know there will be guards at the front gates right?" said Jack putting the pistol under his pillow."Yes I'll have already shot them by the time you get there." Frank whispered hurriedly.

He walked out of the dormitory and closed the door, Jack picked up his blanket and began to work. When he was done he shoved it into his bag and got the pistol ready, moments later the guard came in. "Lights out Professor Francis. he said, Jack pointed the pistol at him, "Lights out officer.” he said and he pulled the trigger, little darts shot out and stuck into the guards neck. Jack watched as the guard collapsed, he looked at the darts and realized they were tranquilizer darts. Jack grabbed his bag and crept out into the hall and started towards the lobby, he stopped at the sight of a security monitor.

He looked at the screen and saw that the desk clerk was still working, he looked to his right and saw a pay phone. Jack put cents into it and dialed the number to the clerk's desk, the desk clerk's phone rang, "Hello? hello?” she said, Jack spoke in a frightened voice. "I-I need h-help, he's back, he's back!" the clerk got up and left to get the guard, Jack ran out the door and to the front gates where Frank was attempting to pick the lock. "Here, let me do that." said Jack pointing his finger at the gate, the gate was ripped off it's hinges and thrown to the side. Jack walked up to Frank and smiled, they jumped into Franks car and drove off towards Jack's lab, they pulled up in front of Jack's lab, "Come on.” said Jack getting out of the car, him and Frank ran into his lab and flipped on the lights.

Jack picked up his old hologram cube and put it in his bag, he continued to look around for his psychic gauntlets and some wires, he found them and threw them into his bag. Frank picked up Jack's sword and held it up, "You gonna want this?" he asked, Jack turned around and grabbed the sword, "Yes...yes I am," he said as he shoved it into his bag. Jack picked up his bag and gestured out the door. He and Frank started to walk towards the door when Jack saw in his minds eye the police surrounding the lab. "Stop!" he said to Frank, Frank looked at him puzzled.

Jack pointed towards the back door and they ran out of the lab and didn't stop running until the reached an old abandoned candy store, Jack pointed his finger at the door and it unlocked itself. "Get in quickly." said Jack hurriedly while holding the door open, Frank ran in and waited as Jack closed and locked the door. "Jack why the hell did we leave my car?" Frank asked angrily. Jack explained what had happened at the lab, they walked into the back and saw a television, Jack turned it on and switched to the news. "Giant explosion in Albany left over 20,000 civilians dead and exactly 3,000 wounded." said the reporter, Jack turned the T.V. off and sat down in a chair.

Frank left for a few seconds and came back frowning. "Jack I think you should take a look at this." he said holding out a newspaper. Jack took it and saw on the front page a temple with a gigantic symbol carved into the stone doors. Jack had a flash back to the day he destroyed Zaxon, Zaxon had had that same symbol branded into the blade of his sword. "Temples just like that one have been popping up all over New York, and that's not what's strange." said Frank, Jack looked up at him, "What's strange is that not only has that symbol never been seen used for any religion, but each temple has a black funnel cloud above it." Frank continued, Jack threw down the newspaper and opened up his bag.

He pulled out his sword, a web belt, and his blanket which he had fashioned into a traveling cloak, Jack put the web belt on with the sheath of his sword attached to it, he threw on his new traveling cloak and left the shop. As he was walking he saw one of the temples with a black funnel cloud above it like Frank had said. Jack walked up to the door and examined it, he pointed his finger at the door and it opened. He walked inside to see millions of souls flying all around the place, there in the center of the temple was a huge stone basin filled with blood. "It's been a long time Mutaroo." said a booming voice, Jack walked forward, "Who's there?" he said.

The voice laughed, there was no pity or remorse in the voice. "You don't recognize my voice do you Mutaroo?" it said, "Or maybe you don't want to." it continued. Jack looked confused as he stepped back, "Well that's alright...you'll remember in a sec." said the voice, suddenly one of the souls darted into the basin of blood, all the other souls were being shocked and sucked into the basin. Jack gasped as a living human body rose up out of the blood, he recognized him, but it wasn't possible...this was Zaxon! "Hi there Mutaroo." he said, Mutaroo unsheathed his sword and got into position.

"This is impossible!" exclaimed Mutaroo, Zaxon wore an amused grin. "I destroyed you, I left the future, I prevented your rise to power!" Mutaroo continued, Zaxon looked very entertained at Mutaroo's shock. "Ah but I followed you through the portal to your time, thus though the future has changed I have not," explained Zaxon. He snapped his fingers and two skeletal guards marched in holding Frank by the arms, Frank was unconscious but starting to wake up. Zaxon snapped his fingers again and a transparent wall rose up out of the ground between Zaxon and Mutaroo, Zaxon grabbed a skeleton from the ground and threw him in a large bucket filled with gasoline.

"And I'll just let him soak, in the mean time." he said gesturing at the guards who dragged Frank over to him, he drew his sword and sliced Franks head off. "NOOO!" shouted Mutaroo, Zaxon picked up Franks head and body and threw them in the basin of blood. "Now I think that our boney friend is ready." he said grabbing the skeleton, Zaxon lit a match and brushed the flame against the skeleton which caught on fire, then he threw it into the basin. Suddenly a man rose up from the blood and stepped out of the basin, "Ah, my new minion...I shall call you Tempest." said Zaxon stepping towards the man. Tempest was a tall man with beady black eyes and long jet black hair, his fingers were unnaturally long and his nails were pointed like claws.

Tempest's face broke into a wicked grin and Mutaroo saw that he had pointed teeth, "You have given me life and I thank you for that." he said, he spoke in a low growling voice. Zaxon turned and was going to pick up his cloak when suddenly his own sword was thrust through him, he looked around and saw Tempest glaring at him. "I-I don't u-understand," said Zaxon. Tempest smiled and kicked Zaxon to the ground, "I'm afraid that though I am thankful to you for giving me life...taking orders from you is not an option." he said, Tempest snapped his fingers and fire appeared on Zaxon's body. Tempest turned to Mutaroo, suddenly the transparent wall went back into the ground, Mutaroo readied himself for Tempest's attack but Tempest just vanished in flames.

Mutaroo left the temple and walked down the street. "WHY SO GLUM MUTAROO?" shouted a voice from the sky, Mutaroo looked up to see Tempest floating in mid air supported by a small disc of fire. Tempest pointed his finger at Mutaroo and from it shot a beam of flame, Mutaroo managed to deflect the fire to his right. Citizens gathered to see what was going on, Mutaroo drew his sword and flung it hard at Tempest. Mutaroo watched as Tempest melted his sword with a giant burst of flame, "And I'm just getting warmed up," said Tempest cackling.

Mutaroo jumped up and began to levitate, Tempest produced a ball of fire and threw it at Mutaroo who dodged it and sent an energy blast at Tempest. The energy blast hit Tempest in the chest and knocked him off his disc of fire, Tempest went crashing to the ground and lay motionless as Mutaroo touched down next to him. Tempest suddenly pulled out a knife and stabbed Mutaroo in the shin and shot a ball of fire that knocked Mutaroo down, Mutaroo pulled out the knife and threw it aside. Tempest got up and vanished in flames, Mutaroo struggled to his feet as his leg hurt quite a lot, he limped back to the candy shop and went inside. He dug through a medicine cabinet until he found some bandages and medical alcohol, he cleaned and bandaged his wound and went to bed for the night.

The next day Mutaroo awoke with his leg throbbing worse than the day before, he got up and limped towards the television, he turned on the TV. and began to watch the news. "Yesterday two men made a commotion by fighting in public, several witnesses claim to have seen one of the men shooting fire from his hands and the other shooting what appeared to be plasma from his hands." said the reporter. Mutaroo turned off the TV. and looked through the shop to see if there was any cereal or milk, there was none so he decided to eat some of the candy.

Mutaroo decided to make a new sword so he gathered some materials and used his powers to form his new sword. He walked out of the shop and reached out with his mind trying to find Tempest, "Looking for me?" said the cold voice of Tempest behind Mutaroo. He was wearing a black leather trench coat with spikes on the shoulders, "You're a threat to mankind...I have to stop you." said Mutaroo, Tempest shrugged his shoulders and sighed. "Okay, that's how it's gonna be huh?" he said reaching into his trench coat, he pulled out two daggers and launched himself at Mutaroo who quickly drew his sword and blocked Tempest's attack. Tempest slashed and jabbed at Mutaroo relentlessly until Mutaroo became annoyed, he kicked Tempest away and pointed at him, Tempest was instantly thrown to the side and collided with a bakery shop window which shattered upon impact with Tempest's body.

Tempest got to his feet slowly and turned around, Mutaroo saw that his face, chest, and arms were severely cut up and bleeding. "Nice shot." he said weakly, he snapped his fingers and Mutaroo watched as all of Tempest's cuts healed instantly, Tempest produced his disc of fire and hopped on. Tempest flew away on his fiery disc towards the center of town, Mutaroo watched as the town slowly began to turn to ash from the center. Mutaroo jumped up and began to fly towards the center of town and found Tempest waiting for him, "There's only one way to save your precious planet and that's killing me." he said with a twisted smile, Mutaroo drew his sword and Tempest drew his daggers. The two of began fighting with their weapons in mid air, Tempest slashed across Mutaroo's chest and kicked him to the ground.

Mutaroo began to rise when suddenly he felt a severe stinging in his back, "Arrg!" he yelled, Mutaroo flipped over onto his back to see Tempest standing over him with his right arm out-stretched and his palm facing Mutaroo with a small amount of smoke coming from it. Mutaroo's sword suddenly fell and stuck in the ground beside his head Mutaroo glanced at it, "Don't even think about it Mutaroo." said Tempest, suddenly Tempest hollered in pain seemingly pushed, fell to his knees in a bowing position and Mutaroo saw an arrow sticking out of his back. Mutaroo grabbed his sword and stabbed Tempest in the stomach, "It w-will take more t-t-to ki-ill me" he said with blood pouring out of his stomach and mouth, "Haaaaaaaaaaa!" shouted Mutaroo as he charged up his powers. A gigantic beam of psychic energy shot out of his hands at Tempest, "Noooooooo!" shouted Tempest as he was blasted into pieces.

Mutaroo looked behind where Tempest had been standing and saw Frank standing there with a bow and quiver full of arrows. "But you died." said Mutaroo, Frank looked amused by Mutaroo's confusion, "Yes but I discovered how that resurrection thing worked and I managed to resurrect myself." Mutaroo and Frank walked away, they planned on catching the next plane to Texas. They looked forward to attempting to live a normal life...as normal as possible.

THE END!
    Copyright ©2010 Jacob Montague

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:49 am