This site is for the written works of JT Montague.

Mutaroo: The Beginning

Poll

What do you think?

[ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 0
    Montague91
    Admin

Personal Info
    Name: J.T. Montague
    User Status: Owner

Mutaroo: The Beginning

Post  Montague91 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:34 pm

The Beginning

Mutaroo was not always an unbeatable hero. He was a scientist who studied psychic energy, he had already invented a mechanical pair of gauntlets that gave whoever wore them psychic powers these he called his psychic gauntlets. One day he was trying to create a machine that would open a dimensional gateway to a completely different realm, he had finished his calculations and the machine was built and ready for the big test. "Well Frank if my experiment goes right I will be able to research other worlds.” he told his friend, "Jack I'm not entirely sure this is safe,” said Frank. "Nonsense this'll work,” said Jack. Jack was making some modifications to the machine when all of a sudden something happened.

All he heard was "Oooooohoo hoo hoo" and a beeping noise and the machine activated and began to shock Jack whose hands were inside the machine at that precise moment. "Arrrg!" yelled Jack, after at least 3 minutes Jack was blasted backward, he landed on his back and blacked out. When Jack woke up the lab was abandoned except for a few lab mice. "What the..."Jack started to say, he stood up and walked over to the light switch, he flipped the switch and the lights flickered on. There sat the machine covered in vines and moss, he wondered how it had gotten there, he couldn't have been out for that long.

Jack walked over to the machine and pulled off some of the vines and read the built-in digital clock/calendar, it was seven o’clock in the morning, and when Jack looked at the date he almost had a heart attack. According to the machine it was May 10th year 2030 when he had blacked out it was September 15th year 2020. Jack ran outside and saw a heart-stopper, the city was in ruins, and everything was crushed and dusty. Everything except a tall castle in the very center of the city, "Who-who's there?" said a voice, "I am Professor Jack Francis," said Jack. An old man emerged from behind the nearest building.

"J-Jack? but that is impossible, you were vaporized in that machine ten years ago," the man said. "Wait a moment how do you even know about my machine, I never unveiled it," Jack said. "I helped you design it you dolt, I mean really I may have aged ten years but I don't look that different, It's me Frank." said the man. Jack walked towards him, "Frank how did all this happen? Just a moment ago you were 50 and this city was intact." Frank's smile faded, and he looked at the castle in the center of the city with an angry look on his face. "You've been gone a long time Jack, Zaxon rules us now with a dictatorship." said Frank, Jack was bewildered, "But Frank I was just working on my machine maybe an hour ago and you're telling me that some guy named Zaxon has taken over." said Jack, Frank walked over to Jack's lab and opened the door, "You coming?" He said as he looked around at Jack, "Uh yeah sure." Jack said as he and Frank ran into his lab.

They looked around at the untouched laboratory, Frank walked over to the machine and examined it, then he walked over to the control console and pushed the power button, the machine made a feeble humming sound but did not activate. "Well, are you going to explain what happened when I blacked out? and who pushed the button?" demanded Jack, Frank sighed and turned to him and in the light Jack saw that he looked very little different other than the aged look that he now had. "Jack, before I answer your questions I think I better tell you Zaxon's real name, his real name is Professor David Mortnal Jr." said Frank in an eerie voice that made the hairs on the back of Jack's neck stand up. "But that would mean..." started Jack, "That he is the son of your rival Professor David Mortnal Senior, yes.” Frank finished for him, Frank grabbed Jack's psychic detector and pointed it at him. "Jack you have psychic energy rushing through your veins, you could get your portal to work and then you could go back to your own time and stop this from ever happening!” Frank exclaimed, Jack nodded and started concentrating on the energy inside him when all of a sudden...BOOM!

The door was blasted down and a man walked in followed by two other men with shotguns, "How dare you set foot inside my laboratory!" said the man. "Your laboratory? I was under the impression that this particular laboratory belonged to one Professor Jack Francis who was nearly killed by your father." said Frank with a smart alek sort of tone in his voice, "Nearly killed ha, you were there old man, you saw him vaporized in his own machine." said the man, "Are you sure that that's what he saw? Pathetic, arrogant, and requiring a couple of body guards just to give someone a hard time? You must be Zaxon, aka Professor David Mortnal Jr." said Jack stepping out of the dark, Mortnal took a step back. "No it's impossible, you're using holograms old man, my father pushed the button that ended his life!" shouted Mortnal, "No David, your father pushed the button that sent me ten years into the future." said Jack in a cold, ruthless voice. Mortnal pulled a sword from his waist and pointed it at Jack with a scared and angry look in his eyes, "So then, you plan to travel back in time and prevent my rule over this city? Ah if only father were alive to see your pointless attempts at changing the course of time." said Mortnal walking towards Jack, Frank tackled one of the guards, Mortnal turned to look at the brawl, Jack took his opportunity and out of his hand he managed to fire a black ball of psychic energy at Mortnal who was knocked down, "Come on Frank grab your laptop!" shouted Jack running towards the back door, Frank stood up and followed him grabbing his laptop from the control console on the way. They ran and ran until they came to an abandoned electronics shop, Jack held out his hands and stared at them, "I-I have psychic powers now." Jack exclaimed looking up at Frank. Frank nodded, "Yes and they are powerful indeed, but I believe it would be wise if you learned how to control them Jack." he said, Jack pointed his right index finger at a wall and shot a psychic energy beam out of it, he looked at Frank and smiled.

A few hours went by and Frank built a sort of rotating wheel and hooked it up to his laptop, "Hmm, I've got the right frequency, the only problem is the power source." said Frank typing on his laptop, "What do you mean?" Jack asked stepping forward, "Well the portal requires a huge power source to generate the energy needed to rip into the time line, thus creating a time portal." Frank explained standing up, "Well I know that but the power source shouldn't be a problem so long as I have psychic powers." Jack said, Frank nodded and began hooking wires from a car battery to the device he had just built, and then he opened his backpack and drew out Jack's psychic gauntlets and hooked wires from them to the car battery. "Now if you put these on and concentrate you should be able to give this battery here enough of a charge to open a time portal for a few seconds." said Frank, he walked over to Jack and handed him the gauntlets, Jack put them on and his eyes began to glow a blackish color and the car battery began to glow the same color. "Jack...Jack that's enough!" shouted Frank as the battery acid inside the battery began to boil and steam, Jack suddenly stopped and stumbled forward a little, "I-I definitely need practice controlling my powers." said Jack, he was sweating and panting, Frank picked up a small hologram cube and hooked more wires from the cube to the car battery and the circular device. When Frank was finished he stood up and rubbed his hands together slowly.

Jack suddenly saw in his minds eye, Mortnal coming through the door and throwing his sword at the device. Jack created a psychic energy shield in front of the device just in time to catch a sword that was flying towards it. Frank and Jack turned around to see Mortnal standing there. "You know Professor Francis when my father pushed that button, he also was affected,” said Mortnal taking off his cloak. "And that was exactly one year before I was born, do you have any idea what that means?” he continued.

Jack took a step back, "Frank is there a little something you forgot to mention?” he asked, Mortnal pointed at his sword and it jumped into his hand. Mortnal pointed his sword at Jack, "Now you will learn what happens to those who defy me,” grunted Mortnal. He threw his sword, there was silence, all was still, and then..."I WILL RIP YOU APART!" Mortnals sword had met its target, Frank was dead with Jack holding him in his arms. Jack stood up and took Mortnals sword out of Frank's chest. He pushed a button on the hologram cube and heard a beep, then he pocketed the cube, "And now you will learn the meaning of hate,” whispered Jack.

He threw the sword and it went out a window of the shop, Jack started concentrating and his eyes began to glow black, he rose off the ground and a black energy sphere appeared around him. Jack stretched out his arms and legs, "I am Mutaroo, bringer of light!” he said glaring at Mortnal, "And you Zaxon...are NOTHING!” shouted Mutaroo, and as he finished his last word his psychic energy made the shop explode. A few moments passed, during which the citizens gathered to watch the commotion as Mutaroo wrestled to the top of the wreckage. He crawled a little and collapsed. Mutaroo turned himself onto his back, "What was that supposed to be?" said Zaxon. Mutaroo looked up and saw Zaxon rising up from the wreckage, Mutaroo struggled to his feet.

"Well well, I'm impressed to see how quickly you've managed your powers," Zaxon said. He picked up his sword and walked towards Mutaroo, a man threw a sword and Mutaroo caught it, he looked at the man. "We have had enough of Zaxon's rule," said the man. Mutaroo threw the sword at Zaxon who dodged it. "You wasted your chance, now I will..." but exactly what Zaxon would have done nobody found out, he looked down and saw a blade protruding from his stomach.

Mutaroo had used his powers to make the sword come back and stab Zaxon in the back, Zaxon looked up towards the sky. "I'm sorry father, I've failed you." he said. Mutaroo sent a blast of psychic energy at him, Zaxon's body was blown apart. A small soul rose up from his remains, Mutaroo heard a voice vibrating from it, though nobody else could. "I will return." said the voice, the soul flew away and Mutaroo sighed, "Time to go." he said.

He pulled the hologram cube out of his pocket and pushed the on button, the cube began to glow and vibrate so Mutaroo dropped it. Out of the cube appeared a portal, "I will see to it that this never happens." he said, and as he turned to go through the portal he knew that this was only...the beginning.
    THE
    END

Copyright© Jacob Montague 2010[/font]

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:50 am