This site is for the written works of JT Montague.

Book Teasers

Montague91
    Admin

Personal Info
    Name: J.T. Montague
    User Status: Owner

Book Teasers

Post  Montague91 on Tue May 17, 2011 8:50 pm

The following is a group of teasers for books and short stories I have either written, am writing, or plan to write. I may add to this later.

I was laying in the snow, freezing to death, "Ah, another unfortunate accident, and you seem to be in so much pain," I looked up and saw a man, he was wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans, "Who are you?" I asked, though I barely made any sound, the man seemed to hear what I said, "Interesting question, I thank you, most people generally ask me 'what' I am," said the man, this puzzled me, I was briefly distracted from the fact that I was dying, "My name is Slade, Johnathon Slade, you can call me John," I barely managed to smile, "So what are you doing here John?" I asked him, he smirked, "Does it hurt?" he asked indicating my legs, I nodded, "What if I told you that I could make it go away, what if I could make it so that you would not die here, but instead would become stronger and faster and just plain better," he said, I thought for a moment, "Fine, do it!" I choked, he smiled a wicked smile, "This will hurt for a few moments but then the pain will disappear," he leaned down towards my face then stopped, "Wait, what's your name?" he asked, "Mark," I breathed, "Mark Ryanson," John leaned down then placing his mouth right by the side of my neck, "Well then Marky-boy..." he said chuckling darkly, "...welcome to my world," he finished, suddenly I felt a piercing pain in the side of my neck as John bit down into my flesh.

I watched through the window of the school as the group pointed their guns at the students. I could hear everything they were saying even through the thick shatter-proof windows; the change had enhanced my hearing more than I had expected. "Three years and you people still can't get it through your heads, we own you," the leader said, I noticed with a surge of rage that he had his gun pointing directly at Abby's head. "And your precious Drakus, who you all seem to think is gonna save you, left three years ago, he aint coming back, he don't care about none of you!" I clenched my fists tightly, 'Is that so?' I crept up to one of the school entrances; there was a man standing guard there. "Time for a surprise party," I mumbled to myself as I crept closer. When I was sure I couldn't move closer without being seen I stopped and measured the distance between him and I, "Yeah I could do it," I leapt up, using some of the strength and speed the change had given me; I landed on top of him, knocking him to the ground.

Copyright©2011 Jacob Montague

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:16 pm